What is Membership?
- Membership is deciding to be “all in” at Garden City.
- Membership is committing to Garden City instead of “dating” Garden City.
- Membership is joining the mission and belonging to the family.
- Membership is moving from consumer to contributor.
- Membership is obeying the New Testament call to live as an accountable member of a larger family/body.
The Membership Process
The Garden City membership process is simple yet thorough. We simply want to assess two things: 1) Are you a Christian? 2) Do you understand what it means to be passionately committed to and function as a healthy member of this particular local church? To help you and to help us along this path, our membership process involves 3 steps:
Step 1: Explore
Step 2: Interview
Fill out the Garden City Membership Application. Once you submit your application to your Life Group leader, they will schedule your membership interview with you. These interviews are generally brief, yet thorough. Your LG leader will interview you to assess if 1) you clearly understand what we expect of Garden City members 2) you are ready to make this commitment. When you pass the interview, you move to step three.
Step 3: Go Public
Sign the Garden City Membership Covenant and “go public” with your membership commitment. At our next Membership Sunday (these happen quarterly) you will stand up front with all the other new members and will be prayed for by the whole church.
Note: If you haven‘t yet been baptized, you also commit to being baptized at our next Baptism Sunday.